Professional Civil Engineer
Professional Environmental Engineer
Professional Land Surveyor
31 years of experience with T. Baker Smith in civil and environmental engineering & science; land, near-shore, & offshore surveying; and project management in:
Worked throughout the firm – from field hand to CEO.
President and CEO since 2001.
Louisiana Tech Civil Engineering Distinguished Alumnus, 2012
ACEC College of Fellows, Community Service Award, 2006
PSMJ Best A/E/C Employer Award, 2012
LSU Fastest Growing Tiger Business Award, 2012
KENNETH Wm. SMITH, P.E., P.L.S.
T. BAKER SMITH, LLC
P.O. Box 2266
Houma, LA 70361-2266
412 South Van Avenue (70363)
PRESIDENT AND CEO
- Maintains hands-on involvement in day-to-day operations of the firm.
- Acts as Executive Officer for all long range strategic planning.
- Consults on environmental, engineering, land surveying, near-shore surveying, offshore surveying, urban planning, and project management services.
- Empowers and supports all vice presidents, principals, and project managers in providing superior integrated professional solutions to clients.
- Supervises and directs development of key business guidelines — Corporate Culture, Integrated Business Model, and Matrix Organizational Systems — to provide solutions to our clients, integrate our resources, and educate our associates on their vested interest in TBS.
- Believes in open-door policy, empowerment, growth, and development.
- Supports education, community outreach, and leadership involvement.
LEGISLATIVE AND EXPERT WITNESS
- Advocates for coastal protection and restoration, including testifying before the U.S. Congress and state and local jurisdictions on coastal issues.
- Supports and advocates for improvement of healthcare, economic development, and the communities in which TBS works.
- Testified as an expert witness in multiple courts concerning various environmental, engineering, and surveying disputes.
CIVIC MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Louisiana Tech Engineering and Science Foundation, Board of Directors
ACEC / The Brookings Institution, Senior Executive Institute Leadership Program
Young Presidents Organization (YPO)
Leadership Louisiana and Terrebonne Alumni
- Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana
- Houma Downtown Development Corporation
- Engineers without Borders
- Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce (Past Chairman)
- South Central Industrial Association (Past President)
- Terrebonne Economic Development Authority
- Terrebonne Foundation for Academic Excellence
- Restore or Retreat
Nicholls State University College of Business Executive Advisory Board
Business First Bank (Board Member and Bayou Loan Committee)
South Louisiana Economic Council, Inc. Board of Directors
Committee of 100 for Economic Development